The well-being of our users is of utmost importance to us. We prioritize your safety and strongly discourage engaging in harmful gambling behaviors. Pathological or compulsive gambling can have severe repercussions for both the player and those around them. The danger lies in the inability to control the excessive expenditure of time, money, and energy on gambling activities.
It is crucial to understand that gambling relies on chance, and winning every time is not a realistic expectation. To ensure responsible gambling, many of our featured partners on Casino.Dev offer tools to help you manage your budget effectively. We encourage you to utilize these features to prevent overspending your entertainment budget. If you find yourself gambling with more money than you can afford to lose, it may be a sign of a gambling problem. In such cases, we urge you to consider permanently closing your account. Additionally, seeking assistance should be a priority, and we recommend reaching out to GamCare, one of our trusted partners.
Your safety and well-being are our primary concerns. Please communicate in the English language.
Tips for Safe Gambling (From RGC)
The Responsible Gambling Council has compiled a comprehensive list to serve as a guide for Safer Play, whether you’re engaging in land-based or online casino activities.
- Avoid considering gambling as a means to make money. It is crucial to understand that establishments such as land-based casinos and online gambling sites are designed to generate more revenue than they pay out. Over time, you will likely lose more money than you win. This principle applies to all forms of gambling, as the majority of individuals tend to lose while only a small minority experience significant wins. Many people with gambling issues mistakenly believe that they will be the fortunate winners, perpetuating the problem.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose. Limit your gambling activities to funds designated for entertainment purposes, such as going to the movies or socializing. Never utilize money required for essential expenses like rent, bills, tuition, etc.
- Avoid chasing losses. When you experience losses, refrain from attempting to recoup them by exceeding your predetermined limit. This behavior often leads to even greater losses.
- Establish a monetary limit. Decide on the amount of money you are willing to lose before you commence playing. Once you reach that predetermined limit, cease gambling. If you happen to win, enjoy it, but bear in mind that such wins are infrequent.
- Set a time limit. Determine the duration you can dedicate to gambling. Once you reach the allocated time limit, discontinue your gambling activities.
- Avoid gambling when feeling depressed or upset. It is difficult to make sound decisions about gambling when experiencing emotional distress.
- Maintain a balance between gambling and other activities. It is essential to engage in a variety of other activities to prevent gambling from dominating your life.
- Gambling and alcohol do not mix well. While it may be common to gamble under the influence of alcohol, it often leads to regrettable decisions.
Remember to gamble responsibly and prioritize your well-being while participating in any form of gambling, whether it is in a physical casino or online.
How to Seek Professional Help for a Gambling Addiction
Several organizations offer valuable assistance and resources for individuals struggling with gambling addiction. These organizations have trained professionals who provide expert help and support to address gambling problems and their impact on affected individuals and their surroundings.
GamCare is a leading national provider that offers information, advice, support, and free counseling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling. Their services are confidential and non-judgmental. You can easily reach out to GamCare through their HotLine or NetLine, and their Forum services connect you with others in similar situations.
Gambling Therapy is a free online service that offers practical advice and emotional support to individuals affected by problem gambling, particularly those residing outside Great Britain. Gambling Therapy operates as part of the Gordon Moody Association.
BeGambleAware is an independent charity known as the Responsible Gambling Trust, which administers and funds the organization. They provide information to help individuals make informed decisions about their gambling activities. BeGambleAware promotes responsible gambling, helps people understand and recognize problem gambling, and directs them to further information, assistance, and support if needed.
GambleAware is the leading charity in the UK dedicated to minimizing gambling-related harm. It is funded by donations from the gambling industry. GambleAware supports education, prevention, and treatment services, as well as commissions research to enhance public awareness of gambling-related harm. Their goal is to prevent gambling problems and ensure that individuals who develop gambling-related issues receive prompt and effective treatment and support.
At Casino.Dev, we are committed to providing our users with a fun experience. However, we also emphasize responsible gaming. When the fun stops, it’s important to know when to stop as well. You can download our Responsible Gaming Manifesto to further understand our commitment to responsible gaming.